Tuesday, February 14, 2006

In Between

One month from now, I will be in flight. The 14th of March will put me in between worlds. I’ll be perched on the border between countries, dates, times, and lives. I expect to feel like no less (and no more) than an astronaut. 36 hours is a serious long time to be in space without leg room or proper lumbar support.

But right now I feel fully supported. I’m sleeping on an inflatable mattress in a bomb-proof basement apartment dug out of the planet Earth amid amber waves of Midwestern grain. I don’t think I imagined it would be this hard to leave Bloomington. It’s a thing I think about all the time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jason Sylvis said...

It's going to be so weird having you on the opposite side of the world.
Bloomington seems far away, but Jakarta exists in some completely different dimension.
It's like your moving from flatland to tesseract space.

9:20 AM  
Blogger WiLSoN said...

Chad ))

What a nice blog you've started...I can hear the copy being read already. It's me, PM, btw, and I just got your note about Little Tibet. I'm still vicariously excited about this odyssey. More soon... WiLSoN

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home