Sunday, March 12, 2006

Shedding


We donated our bikes to the Bloomington Bicycle Project this evening. The people in the busy little brick shop all smiled warmly when we wheeled our old friends inside. That’s a lovely feeling. We’ve given an arresting amount of our stuff to Goodwill over the last couple of months. It certainly feels good to know we’re helping a little, but the employees don’t advertise their gratitude like they did at the BBP. I also gave them a box of old cassette tapes; they’d posted a request for music on their wish list white board. Music to listen to while they tinker, I suppose. Chili Peppers, Hal Wilner, Bauhaus, Michael Hedges, No Means No, Angelo Badalamenti. I told them it was all the music I liked in 1992. It makes me happy to think my old soundtrack will keep playing in Bloomington, staying behind to help fix up old bikes. Tomorrow we’ll give our cell phones to the Women’s shelter.

I wish there was a place to donate juggling pins.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jason Sylvis said...

Leaving on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again...
I love Whitesnake!
I've posted some video at my blog.
Check it when you get a chance.
Not like you'll be busy doing other things today...

9:43 PM  
Blogger Chad said...

Cool! Have to look for it another time. On my way to San Fran in a few minutes. Selamat tinggal.

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Excavation Contractors Oakland said...

Great share, thanks for writing this

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home